1o Facts about Oprah Winfrey A Powerful Black Woman
Oprah Winfrey is an inspiring and accomplished actress, philanthropist, publisher, and producer, here are more must-know facts about Oprah.
- Oprah is the first African-American woman billionaire.
- Oprah was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the nation's highest civilian honor) by President Barack Obama.
- Oprah is the founder and CEO of her own American television channel The Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Oprah founded a school in Africa named the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls it is a girls-only boarding school that opened in January 2007.
- Oprah is the editor and chief of the lifestyle magazine O The Oprah Magazine.
- Oprah hosted shows for people around the world and became famous for all of her motivational speeches to young and old people on being an entrepreneur; encouraging them to find a way to make their goals be an inspiration to the world.
- Oprah was the daytime television host of the Oprah Winfrey Show, for 25 seasons, her show was a complete hit!
- Oprah was fired from her first television job as an anchor in Baltimore, but still went on to become a success
- Stedman Graham is Oprah's partner and Oprah does not have any kids.
- Oprah was born on January 29, 1954, in Kosciusko, Mississippi (Fun Fact her middle name is Gail)
Famous Quotes by Oprah Winfrey:
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate
Turn your wounds into wisdom
Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment
- Author Lila Lovely, 10 years old.
Add these to your collection...
A celebration of powerful black women.